On this day in history…
I was born.
Riveting? No? Too much? Too soon?
A friend of mine does a list of goals equal to her age each year. I don’t have enough time to meet 39 goals in a year. That’s like almost one a week. 🙂 To shake things up a bit, I will give you a list of 39 facts about me and my life. Some of them you probably know. Others may surprise you. This is blogging, drive-by style.
- On the day I was born, the local Thriftway store burned down.
- My parents named me “Amy”, because my brother had a speech impediment and Amy was easy to say.
- I only have one sibling, my brother. He passed away last year.
- I wanted a sister so bad, I “adopted” my cousin when she was born.
- When I was a kid, I never wanted to grow up and have kids.
- I have 5 kids.
- I have been married for 15 years. This is the 19th birthday of mine that I have spent with my husband.
- I used to color my hair so much that I wasn’t sure what color my hair really was.
- My husband is the first, and only, person I have ever, ahem, you know. 😉
- I love Dutch Brothers’ Coffee.
- I love to travel. I love road trips.
- I was born partially deaf. I wear hearing aids in both ears.
- I participated in the school, district and state spelling bee two years in a row.
- I cried when I was eliminated at the school level in the 7th grade.
- I don’t remember what word I misspelled.
- I have four Compassion International kids. I need to write them more.
- I have a hard time buying stuff for myself, but no problems buying for other people.
- I sleep with socks on, but sometime during the night, I take them off. When my husband can’t find his socks, he strips the bed.
- I married a single father and ex-drug user who was living with his mom (in his 30’s) when I met him.
- It was one of the best decisions I ever made. ❤
- I didn’t know how to cook when I got married. I taught myself and now I love all things cooking!
- I used to type the chicken peck style, but when I got a job at Leatherman Tool Group, I taught myself how to type properly. My supervisor thought I typed fast enough chicken peck style and begged me not to change.
- I rarely ever forget a number or a date.
- I can hold a grudge for a super long time.
- I spent much of the past year panicked about death.
- I think inappropriately. A lot. I don’t remember where Piper got it from.
- I used to have a special love for Almond Joys, but after I started buying good dark chocolate, I rarely eat AJ’s. I have a bag of them from Halloween that I haven’t touched.
- I had a birthmark when I was born. I’m not telling you where it was.
- I haven’t always liked football. I started watching to impress my husband. It was a trick!
- My husband married Mrs. Wright. I may be a Dixon now, but I will always be Wright.
- I had a baby “late” in life. I was 38. I’d have one at 40 if I could get all parties to agree.
- I love my in-laws. I feel extremely blessed to have the extended family that I do!
- I have a favorite kid. It changes depending on which one of them I am talking to. 😉
- My favorite meal is breakfast.
- I love to coupon. I love to save money.
- I’m wearing my winter boots with my summer skirt. Why? Because it’s my birthday and I can do whatever I want!
- My dad had me convinced that airplanes fly straight at night by flying between the red and green lights on the tips of the wings. I believed it until I was 16. I realized how stupid that was when I explained it to a friend of mine. Guess I had never said it out loud.
- I am a good friend. I keep my friends for life. I feel like my friends from my younger years understand me more than my friends from my adult years.
- I say the words “Damn it” a lot. I probably shouldn’t.
Happy Birthday to me! I can’t wait to see what another year brings. With me in it, it’s got to be good!